Saturday 25 October 2014

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things: The Autumn Tag


Ahh my first tag!  First off, I really want to thank Erika of Plaid and Tartan for tagging me - and such a perfect tag as well since I absolutely love Autumn, so I'm excited to get on with it!

Favourite Thing About Autumn
This is actually really difficult as I really do love everything about autumn.  My favourite thing, and the thing that really tips it into my favourite season, is probably the way it looks and feels.  If that makes any sense at all.  I love how the landscape explodes into a sea of colour in the autumn, how the trees seem to be engulfed by flames as their leaves turn slowly from green to yellow to orange to bright crimson.  When the sun filters through the autumn leaves so that it looks like Heaven itself is ablaze, it's such a beautiful sight and one of my favourite things.  Oh and?  My other favourite thing about Autumn is pumpkin everything haha.

Go to Makeup During Autumn
I love to rock a red lip every now and again, but that feeling is always tenfold in autumn.  Being surrounded by such vibrant shades of orange and red always makes me want to grab for a red lippy.  Recently I'm getting more into the darker, vampier shades as well - I can't wait to wear Black Dahlia lip tar and MAC's Sin lipstick, they're just beautiful deep red-plum shades.  Generally when I'm wearing a feature colour on the lips, I keep the eyes more neutral so that the lips become even more of a focal point.

Favourite Food/Drink During Autumn
Not going to lie, I love pumpkin everything - which I'm sure will be a very common answer in this tag haha.  It's been more difficult to indulge since I moved to England, as a lot of the things I love about Autumn aren't as popular over here.  For example, Halloween isn't much more than a day on the caldendar.  There's also the heartbreaking fact that we only got the infamous Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte over here a year or two ago, and the only time I can have pumpkin pie (one of my favourite things in the world full stop, and my definite answer to "favourite autumn food") is when I make it myself.  And on that note, I've just bought some cans of pumpkin puree online so I can make some pies and tarts!

Favourite Shop During Autumn
Another one of my favourite things about Autumn is that I love me a good cardigan - and Fall is the season of cardigans.  Some of my favourite and most cozy cardis are from New Look, which also happens to be one of my favourite clothing shops full stop.  There's some amazing stuff to be found on Asos as well, but again I find they're both great shops year-round, not just Autumn-specific, especially as they cater well to the Plus-Sized fashionista as well.

Favourite Autumn Scent
If we're talking smells in general, then my answer is spiced apple.  But if we're talking fragrance, then definitely The Body Shop's Vanilla perfume.  The deep, sweet, amber notes are perfect for fall.  In fact this was my signature scent for years before I started branching out to different scents, but is always a firm favourite that I find myself migrating back to around this time of year.

One Word That Sums Up Autumn For You?
Cozy

Favourite Item of Clothing During Autumn
This one is a tie between cardigans, as I said above, and a good pair of boots.  I've got some super-comfortable ankle boots with a low heel that I've basically been living in since the beginning of September, and I'm going to be super-sad when the time comes to change them out for something a little more Winter-appropriate (as much as I love snow, I don't love having to live in the same pair of hiking boots when it comes out to play).

Inside or Outside During Autumn
As much as I love walking around outside with the chilly air snapping roses into my cheeks and crunching fallen leaves underfoot - there's not much in this world more comforting than curling up with a book or a good movie inside where it's nice and warm as the fog and wind dance together outside.  With a slice of pumpkin pie and a pumpkin spiced latte, of course haha.

The five people I'm going to tag will have to answer all the siz questions.  This tag must be posted from the beginning of September to the end of October, and you must notify the five people that you have tagged!!!

Five People I Tag
I'll start by tagging Stella from StellaLee.net which is one of only a handful of blogs I follow since I just got back into blogging.  The only other blog that I'm really following has just tagged me in this, so I'm tagging all of my readers as well - if you have a blog, this is your call to arms to do your Autumn Tag.  I'd love if you commented below with a link so that I can come read yours too! ^_^

Until next time!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment